Important: New Provisions for Import Shipments into China
New Provisions for Import Shipments into China
With effect of 1st June 2018 China implemented a new provision for all import shipments into China.
Mandatory information about the sender
- Enterprise code of shipper
- Country code of shipper
- Contact number & contact identifier of shipper
- Contact person name and Phone number must be stated
Mandatory information about the consignee
- Enterprise code of consignee (for the country of China this is the USCI Nr)
- Contact number & contact identifier of consignee
Additional mandatory information
- For shipments with consignee ‘to order’, a telephone number of the contact person (‘Notify’) is mandatory
As some details have not yet been finalized with Chinese customs, there may be further changes. In this case we will inform you immediately and ask for your understanding.
We like to emphasize the fact that the airline will reject any shipment not complying with these regulations because if the required data is not available the Chinese Customs will stop this shipment at arrival at destination.
Trust having you informed accordingly,
Legero Air & Sea Freight BV
Erwin van den Berg
General Manager – Air & Sea Freight